Service Availability Charge
(1) Water Service - The monthly charge for metered water service, which may or may not include allowable gallonage, is based on demand by meter size. Each charge is assessed based on the number of 5/8" X 3/4" meters (service units), as per American Water Works Association maximum continuous flow specifications (see Miscellaneous), equivalent to the size indicated and is used as a base multiplier for the Service Availability Charge and allowable gallonage. Rates and equivalents are as follows:
|METER SIZE||METER EQUIVALENTS
|CURRENT MONTHLY RATE (MINIMUM)
|NEW MONTHLY RATE (MINIMUM)
|BASE USAGE (GAL) Effective 10/30/2019|
|5/8" X 3/4"||1.0||$40.00||$42.00||1,500|
In addition to the minimum monthly rate noted in the table above, a gallonage charge shall be added at the following rates for usage above the base usage during any one (1) billing period. The current and new gallonage rates per 1,000 gallons in each tier are noted below:
1) $3.00 $3.50 per 1,000 gallons for any gallonage between 1 and 8,000 gallons above base usage;
2) $3.50 $4.00 per 1,000 gallons for any gallonage between 8,001 and 18,000 gallons above base usage;
3) $3.75 $4.25 per 1,000 gallons for any gallonage between 18,001 and 48,000 gallons above base usage;
4) $4.25 $4.75 per 1,000 gallons for any gallonage 48,001 gallons or more above base usage.
(2) Wastewater Service - The current monthly wastewater rate (minimum) is $37.00 with a base usage of 2,000 gallons. The new rate is $39.00 and will include a base usage of 1,500 gallons in order to mirror the base usage of water. The gallonage charge remains unchanged at $3.00 per thousand gallons for usage above 1,500, with a gallonage cap on residential customers at $30.00.
b. Reserved Service Charges - The monthly charge for each active account at a specific location for which a meter and/or wastewater connection has not been installed but for which the Corporation and the Applicant have entered into agreement and/or contract for reserved service. This monthly charge shall be based on the Corporation's fixed costs to service the Applicant's dedicated facilities on a per Service Unit basis. This charge reserves service to the Applicant's real estate designated to receive service. This fee is determined on a case-by-case basis but shall never exceed the Service Availability Charge for Metered Service on a per Service Unit basis.
c. Gallonage Charge - In addition to the Service Availability Charge, a gallonage charge shall be added at the following rates for usage above the base usage during any one (1) billing period.
(3) Water for Wholesale Customers
$4.00 per 1,000 gallons for any gallonage.