BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
May 13, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve April 8, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited March 31, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of April 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Discuss and take possible action on ERHWSC filing of Internal Revenue Service Form 990 for 2018.
4. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
5. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
B. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
C. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
D. Potential Acquisition of Right of Way Easement for property described in Volume 17288, Page 237, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
E. Potential Acquisition of Right of Way Easement for property described in Volume 18538, Page 191, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
F. Notice of Condemnation against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Case No. 1:09-CV-005.
G. Requirement for Rio Hondo ISD to add East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as an additional insured on all liability insurance policies as required by the Waterline Access Agreement.
6. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment plant sludge.
7. Discuss and take possible action on items 5. & 6.
8. Discuss and take possible action regarding failure to transfer of Membership #B1115.
9. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to corrected bills which were mailed on April 25, 2019.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed ERHWSC Purchasing Policy.
11. Discuss and take possible action on proposed 5 year Electricity Agreement with TXU Energy.
12. Discuss and take possible action on proposed 5 year Managed Document Services Agreement with Dahill Office Technology Corporation for management of printers and scanners for ERHWSC.
13. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to existing waterline on Taubert Rd. west of Centerline Rd.
14. Discuss and take possible action on approval of Nonstandard Water Service & Line Extension Agreement to Ronald M. and Cathy A. Berger on property described in Volume 23049, Page 222, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
15. Discuss and take possible action on proposed 8” waterline extension on San Roman Rd. and Amendment to the Master Agreement for Surveying and Architectural Services between ERHWSC and Amaya Surveying Company, LLC pertaining to surveying services for 8” waterline extension.
16. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Subdivision Nonstandard Water Service Agreements for proposed subdivisions and approval of said subdivisions upon completion of all criteria required in the said USNWSA.
A. FM 508/New Combes Highway Subdivision
B. La Finca Subdivision
C. Breedlove Subdivision
D. Perez Ranch Subdivision
17. Discuss and take possible action on appointing Mr. Robert E. Middleton, Jr. as director for a 3 year term for North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation.
18. Discuss and take possible action on appointing Mr. Brian E. Macmanus, P.E., as East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation’s representative to PEN Joint Tenants Management Committee and appointing Mr. Robert E. Middleton, Jr., as the alternate representative.
19. Discuss and take possible action on methodology of notice for disconnection of service.
20. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project;
B. Kamstrup Meter Conversion;
C. Arroyo City Water Tower Rehabilitation project;
D. Ferris, Flinn, & Medina, LLC, record production status;
E. Military Highway WSC CCN Exchange;
F. 1.0 million gallon elevated storage tank project status;
G. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project & Change Order #3 status;
H. Palmas Wind, LLC water service investigation status;
I. Casa Paredes, L.P. waterline extension;
J. Wholesale Water Treatment and Delivery Contract for Port Isabel Detention Center;
K. Relocation of water meter and waterline for Membership #G-6328;
L. Status of Rio Grande Regional Water Authority;
M. Current report on legislation impacting water supply corporations and discussion.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 4:55 P.M., 05-10-2019.