BOARD of DIRECTORS MEETING
September 11, 2017, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Discuss and take possible action on appointment of a director for the vacancy in ERHWSC Board of Directors' position for District Number 3.
3. Approve August 14, 2017 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
4. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees to include payment plans. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
5. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited July 31, 2017 Financial Statement.
6. Approve payment of August 2017 invoices.
7. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Design, construction, and supply of manufactured equipment for clarification and filtration at the Martha Ann Simpson Surface Water Treatment Plant and associated contracts thereto.
B. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
C. City of Los Fresnos serving apartment development located at the Northwest intersection of FM 1575 and Henderson Rd.
D. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint against ERHWSC, Charge No. 451-2016-03107.
E. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
8. Discuss and take possible action on item 7.A.- 7.E.
9. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for future water treatment plant site.
10. Discuss and take possible action on item 9.
11. Discuss and take possible action on lease of 75 acre-ft. of Rio Grande River municipal water rights to the Olmito Water Supply Corporation.
12. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to ERHWSC Tariff, Section E.4 & E.25.i associated with requirements for mandatory wastewater service connection and grinder pump station maintenance. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
13. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to PEN JT Tenants construction of electrical and pump motor for Well #2.
14. Discuss and take possible action on approval of Nonstandard Water Service & Line Extension Agreement to Abel Salazar on property described in Volume 20449, Page 308, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
15. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Subdivision Nonstandard Water Service Agreements (USNWSA) for Lozano Heights Subdivision and approval of said subdivision upon completion of all criteria required in the said USNWSA.
16. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 4:45 P.M., 09-08-2017