BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
EAST RIO HONDO WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
May 11, 2020, 6:00 PM
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Public comment period. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item. Individuals wanting to provide public comment must sign up before the meeting begins. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees.
3. Recognition for Minerva Martinez for her years of service as director for District 9, East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation.
4. Discuss and take possible action on appointment of a director for the vacancy in ERHWSC Board of Directors' position for District Number 9.
5. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve April 6, 2020 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Approve May 6, 2020 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
C. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited March 31, 2020 Financial Statement.
D. Approve payment of April 2020 invoices.
E. Approve payment plans as requested by members with significantly higher than average bills.
6. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
B. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
C. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
D. Failure to transfer Membership #C0974.
E. Unemployment Claim filed by G. Portocarrero, former employee.
F. Inquiry for new service by SCI Texas Funeral Services for new building on Mont Meta Cemetery.
G. Transfer of Membership #B3675, 5 acres out of Block 103, Espiritu Santo Irrigated Land Co., Cameron County, Texas.
H. Request for Service Discontinuance of Membership #B1814, Lots 3 and 4, Block 3, Las Yescas Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas.
7. Discuss and take possible action on items 6.A. - 6.H.
8. Discuss and take possible action on ERHWSC Tariff Section E.16. Rules for Disconnection of Service and the Public Utility Commission of Texas Project No. 50664 Issues Related to the Sate of Disaster For The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), Order Directing Certain Actions and Granting Exceptions to Certain Rules March 26, 2020.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed modifications to the ERHWSC Main Office teller area and Customer Service Station for employee safety and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 during interactions with the public in the lobby.
10. Discuss and take possible action to approve resolution to appoint elected officers as authorized signers on bank and credit card accounts with Security Service Federal Credit Union.
11. Discuss and take possible action on bids received for construction of Water Treatment Plant Residual Sludge Disposal Facility.
12. Discuss and take possible action on Change Order Number Four with R.M. Walsdorf, Inc., for the Phase II Wastewater Treatment Plant Project.
13. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Agreement with Denali Water Solutions for the Management of Organic Waste Residuals at the Lozano Wastewater Treatment Plant.
14. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Emergency Wastewater Interconnect Agreement between ERHWSC and Harlingen Waterworks System.
15. Discuss and take possible action on modifications to Uniform Development Nonstandard Water
Service Agreement with Elliot Roberts Ranches, Inc. and Las Palmas Wind, LLC.
16. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Subdivision/Development Non-Standard Water Service Agreements for the following Subdivisions/Developments:
A. E.T. Ranch Subdivision
B. Al’s Ranch Subdivision
C. Burns Subdivision
D. Laureles Country Estates III
E. Bayview Citrus Gardens Development, a Re-plat of Blocks 43-44, 46-53, Section 8, Unit 3, Bayview Citrus Groves Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas.
F. Rancho Sin Fortuna Subdivision
17. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
C. Phase II Wastewater Project;
D. Line 26/Bean Road Transmission Line Project;
E. Drainage from property across Industrial Parkway from Main Office;
F. FM 1575 12” Line Extension Project;
G. CoBank, ACB Loan Refinance status;
H. Filter Rehabilitation Project, Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant (MASWTP);
I. Military Highway Water Supply Corporation CCN Exchange status;
J. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation electric service, Well #2 operation, and high service pump VFD and motor repair;
K. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program status;
L. Wastewater discharge permit renewal status; and
M. Arroyo City Pump Station upgrade status.
Video/Audio Conferencing Notice: Pursuant to the Governor Abbott’s Temporary Suspension of Open Meetings Laws issued on March 16, 2020, this meeting will be conducted via video conference and/or audio conference, which will be audible to the Board and public and allow for two-way communication. The Board President, presiding officer, and Board of Directors will not be physically present at one location. The public may access this meeting by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83663393270 or by dialing, +1 346 248 7799, + 1 669 900 6833 , +1 301 715 8592, +1 312 626 6799 , +1 929 205 6099, or +1 253 215 8782 using Meeting ID: 836 6339 3270.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 3:45 P.M., 05-08-2020.