BOARD of DIRECTORS SPECIAL MEETING
November 19, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be considered, discussed, and action will possibly be taken separately:
A. Approve October 8, 2018 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited September 30, 2018 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of October 2018 invoices.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees to include payment plans. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Transfer of water rights upon subdivision of the land in accordance with Chapter 49, Texas Water Code, Subchapter O, pertaining to irrigation districts within ERHWSC’s service area.
B. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
C. Engineering services provided by Ferris, Flinn, & Medina LLC for the Wastewater Phase II, Harlingen Waterworks System Pipeline Interconnect, San Vicente Wastewater, and South Texas ISD Wastewater projects.
5. Discuss and take possible action on item 4.A.-4.C.
6. Discuss and take possible action on proposed quotes for 8” waterline extension on Madero Avenue.
7. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to crossing permits with Cameron County Irrigation District Number 2 and Cameron County Drainage District Number 3 pertaining to the installation of the waterline on Madero Rd. west of North Sam Houston Rd.
8. Discuss and take possible action on providing authorization to General Manager, Brian E. Macmanus, P.E., to execute any and all documents pertaining to the renewal of medical insurance for ERHWSC employees to be effective December 1, 2018.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Change Order #2 for Phase II Wastewater Collection System project.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Non-standard Service Agreement for Rancho Las Delicias in Willacy County, Texas.
11. Discuss and take possible action on potential discontinuance of service for Rio Hondo Independent School District Middle School for failure of finalizing terms under the Water and Wastewater Non-standard Service Agreements.
12. Discuss and take possible action on Amendment No. 25 to the Master Agreement for Engineering Services with Ambiotec Civil Engineering Group, Inc. pertaining to registration of land application of water treatment sludge for Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant and Nelson Road Water Treatment Plant.
13. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment sludge.
14. Discuss and take possible action on item 13.
15. Discuss and take possible action on Uniform Subdivision Non-Standard Water Service Agreement (USNWSA) and approval of said subdivisions upon completion of all criteria required in the said USNWSA for the following subdivisions:
A. Old Home Place Subdivision
B. Breedlove Subdivision
16. Discuss and take possible action on Amendment No. 26 to the Master Agreement for Engineering Services with Ambiotec Civil Engineering Group, Inc. pertaining to engineering and surveying services for the FM 1575 Waterline Extension.
17. Discuss and take possible action on potential lease of Rio Grande River municipal water rights to the North Alamo Water Supply Corporation and to the Olmito Water Supply Corporation.
18. Discuss and take possible action on proposed map to reduce number of director positions on the East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation Board of Directors.
19. Discuss and take possible action on contract between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation and Mrs. Paula Rodriguez for Independent Election Auditor Services.
20. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project;
B. Wastewater Phase II Project;
C. Office Desk and Flooring Project;
D. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation Well #2;
E. Kamstrup Meter Conversion;
F. Payment of property taxes for Southside Wastewater Plant site;
G. Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant Filter Backwash Rehabilitation Project;
H. ERHWSC Board Christmas Dinner
I. Arroyo City Easement Encroachments
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 1:50 P.M., 11-16-2018.