BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
EAST RIO HONDO WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
April 6, 2020, 6:00 PM
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Nomination and election of officers.
3. Public comment period. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees.
4. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve March 9, 2020 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Approve March 30, 2020 Emergency Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
C. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited February 29, 2020 Financial Statement.
D. Approve payment of March 2020 invoices.
E. Approve payment plans as requested by members with significantly higher than average bills.
5. Moment of silence in honor of late Director Leona Walsdorf and discuss and take possible action on memorial in her memory.
6. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
B. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
C. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
D. Failure to transfer Membership #C0974.
E. Unemployment Claim filed by G. Portocarrero, former employee.
F. Inquiry for new service by SCI Texas Funeral Services for new building on Mont Meta Cemetery.
G. Transfer of Membership #B3675, 5 acres out of Block 103, Espiritu Santo Irrigated Land Co., Cameron County, Texas.
H. Request for Service Discontinuance of Membership #B1814, Lots 3 and 4, Block 3, Las Yescas Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas.
7. Discuss and take possible action on items 6.A. - 6.H.
8. Discuss and take possible action to approve resolution to appoint elected officers as authorized signers on bank accounts with Texas Regional Bank.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Temporary Telecommuting Policy, Short Term Telecommuting Agreement, Temporary Vacation Leave Policy, COVID-19 Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
10. Discuss and take possible action on Change Order Number Five with Saenz Brothers Construction, LLC for the Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project.
11. Discuss and take possible action on proposed YouTube Channel for East Rio Hondo WSC.
12. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
C. Phase II Wastewater Project;
D. Line 26/Bean Road Transmission Line Project;
E. Drainage from property across Industrial Parkway from Main Office;
F. FM 1575 12” Line Extension Project;
G. CoBank, ACB Loan Refinance status;
H. Filter Rehabilitation Project, Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant (MASWTP);
I. MASWTP driveway repair;
J. Military Highway Water Supply Corporation CCN Exchange status;
K. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation electric service;
L. Water Treatment Plant Residual Solids Disposal Site status;
M. Arroyo City Pump Station Upgrade status.
Due to the current Third Supplemental Emergency Management Order with Mandatory Countywide Shelter in Place signed by Cameron County Judge Eddie Treviño on March 23, 2020, ERHWSC’s Board of Directors Meeting will be conducted via video conference and/or audio conference.
Video/Audio Conferencing Notice: Pursuant to the Governor Abbott’s Temporary Suspension of Open Meetings Laws issued on March 16, 2020, this meeting will be conducted via video conference and/or audio conference, which will be audible to the Board and public and allow for two-way communication. The Board President, presiding officer, and Board of Directors will not be physically present at one location. The public may access this meeting by visiting https://zoom.us/j/961435751 or by dialing, +1 346 248 7799, + 1 669 900 6833 , +1 301 715 8592, +1 312 626 6799 , +1 929 205 6099, or +1 253 215 8782 using Meeting ID: 961-435-751.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 5:15 P.M., 04-03-2020.