BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
January 13, 2020, 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve December 9, 2019 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited November 30, 2019 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of December 2019 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with high water bills.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
B. Encroachment on ERHWSC property at Main Office location by City of Rio Hondo.
C. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
5. Discuss and take possible action on items 4.A, B, & C.
6. Discuss and take possible action on conversion of employee retirement plan from Simple IRA to 401(k) retirement plan.
7. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Master Agreement for Engineering Services between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation and Perez Consulting Engineers, LLC.
8. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Amendment No. 3 to Master Agreement for Engineering and Architectural Services with Hanson Professional Services Inc. regarding reinstallation of booster pump, electrical, and SCADA at the Arroyo City Water Tower site.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Amendment No. 200 to Master Agreement for Engineering Services with Halff Associates, Inc. regarding design of sludge disposal site.
10. Discuss and take possible action to provide funds to Cameron County Water Improvement District No. 10 (CCWID10) as per the Water Sales Contract between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation and CCWID10.
11. Discuss and take possible action on modification of Equipment Damage Fee language in ERHWSC Tariff Section G. to allow for the waiver of the tampering fee when the damage to ERHWSC property is self-reported by ERHWSC member.
12. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. 1.0 Million Gallon Elevated Storage Tank Project status;
C. Phase II Wastewater Collection System Project;
D. Immigration Customs Enforcement, Port Isabel Detention Center, SCADA & Tower Project;
E. Line 26/Bean Road Transmission Line Project;
F. Theft of water service at Lot 4, Benandez Subdivision, Cameron County, Texas;
G. FM 1575 12” Line Extension Project.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 2:35 P.M., 01-10-2020.