BOARD of DIRECTORS MEETING
January 14, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve December 31, 2018 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited November 30, 2018 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of December 2018 invoices.
3. Visitors’ question and comment period. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees to include payment plans. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member and TEN MINUTES per topic.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. Defendant Edward J. Mauro’s Cross-Claim and Counter-Claim against East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation as filed in Suit File Number 2016-DCL-02563.
B. Potential discontinuance of service for Rio Hondo Independent School District Middle School for failure of finalizing terms under the Water and Wastewater Non-standard Service Agreements.
5. Discuss and take possible action on item 4.A.-4.B.
6. Executive Session: Deliberation about Real Property as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.072: Consideration of property acquisition for water treatment plant sludge.
7. Discuss and take possible action on item 6.
8. Discuss and take possible action on proposed amendment to ERHWSC 2019 Annual Budget.
9. Discuss and take possible action on proposed ERHWSC Capital Budget and review of historical ERHWSC capital projects.
10. Discuss and take possible action on bonus pool for ERHWSC employees.
11. Discuss and take possible action pertaining to legal counsel representation for H1-B Visa application.
12. Discuss and take possible action on revision to ERHWSC Organizational Chart.
13. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Master Agreement for Engineering Services between East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation and Hansen Professional Services, Inc.
14. Discuss and take possible action on Task Order No. 1 to the Master Agreement for Engineering Services with Hansen Professional Services, Inc. pertaining to engineering and design for waterline extension to provide water service to the Acciona wind farm office.
15. Discuss and take possible action on resolution to enter into a Non-Standard Development Water Service Investigation Agreement with Palmas Wind, LLC and Elliott Roberts Ranches, Inc.
16. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Change Order #3 for Phase II Wastewater Collection System project.
17. Discuss and take possible action on value engineering of bid received for construction of Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant (MASWTP) Filter Backwash Improvements project from Gonzales/De La Garza Construction as recommended by Garver, LLC.
18. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Permit to Use Easement pertaining to AEP, a Texas Central Company, installing power lines across East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation’s exclusive Right of Way Easements at Los Jardines Estates.
19. Discuss and take possible action on payment options for federal employees due to government shutdown.
20. Discuss and take possible action on distribution of donation made by Kamstrup.
21. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Bean Road/Line 26 Transmission Main Project;
B. Wastewater Phase II Project;
C. Kamstrup Meter Conversion;
D. ERHWSC Main Office Repairs and Rehabilitation;
E. Ferris, Flinn, & Medina, LLC, record production status;
F. Subchapter O Water Rights transfer from Cameron County Irrigation District Number 6;
G. Responses from 2018 Subchapter O Water Rights petitions.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 4:35 P.M., 01-11-2019.