BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
EAST RIO HONDO WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
September 14, 2020, 6:00 PM
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Public comment period. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item. Individuals wanting to provide public comment must sign up before the meeting begins. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees.
3. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve August 10, 2020 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited July 31, 2020 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of August 2020 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with significantly higher than average bills.
4. Moment of silence in honor of late Caroline Ann Macmanus and discuss and take possible action on memorial in her memory.
5. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
B. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claim filed by G. Portocarrero, former employee.
C. Transfer of Membership D-0835 due to conveyance of property to HHC Buena Vista Ranch LP.
D. Final invoice pertaining to Reliant.
6. Discuss and take possible action on items 5.A. - 5.D.
7. Discuss and take possible action on proposed resolution authorizing General Manager, Brian E.
Macmanus, P.E., to execute any and all documents pertaining to the conversion and transfer of water rights from Cameron County Irrigation District Number 6 (CCID6) to ERHWSC for 2017 and 2018 water rights petitions.
8. Discuss and take possible action on bids received for FM 510 Elevated Storage Tank Project and associated documents for approval and submission to the United States Department of Agriculture-Rural Development (USDA-RD).
9. Discuss and take possible action on Construction Contract Documents between ERHWSC and Cornett Construction Company, pertaining to the Acciona Windfarm Waterline Extension.
10. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Development Non-Standard Water Service Agreement between ERHWSC and SCI Texas Funeral Services, Inc., formerly, Stillbrooke Corporation of Texas, a Texas Corporation pertaining to the construction of an additional building at Mont Meta Memorial Park.
11. Discuss and take possible action on reimbursement to developers on payment for water rights related to subdivisions and Subchapter O water rights conversion.
12. Discuss and take possible action to appoint a committee to investigate the feasibility of utilization of a 401(k) retirement plan for East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation.
13. Discuss and take possible action on potential modification to Uniform Subdivision Non-Standard Water Service Agreement for Rancho Monteagua Subdivision.
14. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Subdivision Non-Standard Water Service Agreements for proposed subdivisions and approval of said subdivisions upon completion of all criteria required in the said USNWSA:
A. Perez Ranch Subdivision
B. E.T. Ranch Subdivision
C. The Rising Phoenix Subdivision
15. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Kamstrup Meter conversion;
B. Phase II Wastewater Project;
C. Drainage from property across Industrial Parkway from Main Office;
D. Filter Rehabilitation Project, Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant (MASWTP);
E. Military Highway Water Supply Corporation CCN Exchange status;
F. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation Well #2 operation;
G. Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program status;
H. Wastewater discharge permit renewal status;
I. Emergency Wastewater Interconnect Agreement between ERHWSC and Harlingen Waterworks System;
J. Arroyo City Pump Station upgrade status;
K. City of Rio Hondo CCN Exchange status;
L. 1926(b) Federal Protection case update;
M. TN Visa renewal status;
N. Sludge Disposal Site Project;
O. Immigration Customs Enforcement, Port Isabel Detention Center, SCADA & Tower Project;
P. COVID-19 Update.
Video/Audio Conferencing Notice: Pursuant to the Governor Abbott’s Temporary Suspension of Open Meetings Laws issued on March 16, 2020, this meeting will be conducted via video conference and/or audio conference, which will be audible to the Board and public and allow for two-way communication. The Board President, presiding officer, and Board of Directors will not be physically present at one location. The public may access this meeting by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81870321356 or by dialing, +1 346 248 7799, + 1 669 900 6833 , +1 301 715 8592, +1 312 626 6799 , +1 929 205 6099, or +1 253 215 8782 using Meeting ID: 818 7032 1356.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AT 1:30 P.M., 09-11-2020.