BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING AGENDA
EAST RIO HONDO WATER SUPPLY CORPORATION
January 11, 2021, 6:00 PM
The East Rio Hondo Water Supply Corporation (ERHWSC) reserves the right to adjourn into executive session on any of the items listed on this Agenda, if at any time during the meeting an item meets the criteria which allow for executive session under Texas Government Code, Chapter 55, Subchapter D.
1. Confirm posting of notice and attendance by quorum of Directors.
2. Public comment period. LIMIT of THREE MINUTES per member or applicant party and TEN MINUTES per topic or agenda item. Individuals wanting to provide public comment must sign up before the meeting begins. Review and take action on adjustment of customers’ bills and connection fees.
3. Consent Items-All items under the consent agenda are heard collectively unless a director requests otherwise, in which case the specifically requested item will be considered, discussed, and possible action will be taken separately:
A. Approve December 14, 2020 ERHWSC Board of Directors Meeting Minutes.
B. Discuss and take possible action on unaudited November 30, 2020 Financial Statement.
C. Approve payment of December 2020 invoices.
D. Approve payment plans as requested by members with significantly higher than average bills.
4. Executive Session: Advice of Legal Counsel as per Government Code Chapter 551, Subchapter D, Section 551.071 on Potential or Pending Litigation Pertaining to:
A. South Texas Electric Cooperative encroachment on ERHWSC easement at intersection of FM 2925 & FM 106.
B. U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) claim filed by G. Portocarrero, former employee.
C. Transfer of Membership D-0835 due to conveyance of property to HHC Buena Vista Ranch LP.
D. Trespass of ERHWSC Right of Way Easement on property described as Tract 1 in Document 9812, Volume 15833, Page 75, Cameron County Official Records, Cameron County, Texas.
E. City of Rio Hondo CCN Exchange Agreement.
F. 1.0 Million Gallon FM 510 Elevated Storage Tank Project
5. Discuss and take possible action on items 4.A. - 4.F.
6. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Emergency Wastewater Interconnect Agreement between ERHWSC and Harlingen Waterworks System.
7. Discuss and take possible action on adjustment to water bill for membership H-5577.
8. Discuss and take possible action on proposed Uniform Subdivision Non-Standard Water Service Agreements (USNWSA) for proposed subdivisions and approval of said subdivisions upon completion of all criteria required in the said USNWSA:
A. San Jose Nagel 7 Subdivision
B. Rancho Sin Fortuna Subdivision
C. Cactus Estates Subdivision No. 4
9. General Manager’s Business and Operations Report.
A. Phase II Wastewater Project;
B. Drainage from property across Industrial Parkway from Main Office;
C. Filter Rehabilitation Project, Martha Ann Simpson Water Treatment Plant (MASWTP);
D. Military Highway Water Supply Corporation CCN Exchange status;
E. North Cameron Regional Water Supply Corporation Well #2 & Booster VFD operation;
F. Wastewater discharge permit renewal status;
G. 2020 Subchapter O water rights petitions;
H. ERHWSC execution of insurance policies for 2021;
I. Arroyo City Pump Station upgrade project and;
J. COVID-19 Update.
Video/Audio Conferencing Notice: Pursuant to the Governor Abbott’s Temporary Suspension of Open Meetings Laws issued on March 16, 2020, this meeting will be conducted via video conference and/or audio conference, which will be audible to the Board and public and allow for two-way communication. The Board President, presiding officer, and Board of Directors will not be physically present at one location. The public may access this meeting by visiting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85769310127
or by dialing, +1 346 248 7799, + 1 669 900 6833 , +1 301 715 8592, +1 312 626 6799, or +1 253 215 8782 using Meeting ID: 857 6931 0127.
FILED TO WEBSITE ERHWSC.COM AND ERHWSC MAIN OFFICE FRONT DOOR AT 4:50 P.M., 01-08-2020.